Flying High Flag Mini Quilt

My father has always been one of the most difficult people in my life to shop or craft for between his tastes & hobbies. But I did find a winner while browsing patriotic sewing projects: US Flag Mini Quilt by Hem Me In. Clicking the download link for the free pattern will direct you to... Continue Reading →


Autumn Leaves Quilt

Autumn Leaves quilt was made following cutting directions in Mermaid Quilt pattern by Choly Knight. The appliqué designs were chosen from several Cricut cartridges, but you can use the pattern appliqués or your own designs if you prefer. This was made for an October birthday gift, so a fall theme seemed appropriate. I found four... Continue Reading →

Getting Hooked

These hook cases were made using a free pattern: Hard Core Hook Case by Choly Knight. Both cases were made as gifts: denim for my sister last year, butterfly for my stepmom this year. It just goes to show how much your fabric choices can change the entire look & feel of the final product. Both my sister... Continue Reading →

Poetry for Mother

One of my mother’s favorites poems is The Fiftieth Birthday of Agassiz by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Her favorite stanzas are quoted below. And Nature, the old nurse, took The child upon her knee, Saying: "Here is a story-book Thy Father has written for thee." "Come, wander with me," she said, Into regions yet untrod; And... Continue Reading →

Here There Be Dragons

I come from a family of bibliophiles (book lovers) & while our tastes may vary, we all have a fondness for fairy tales. Looking for gift idea inspiration, I came across a picture of a plush dragon head pillow on DeviantArt: Zeek by melkatsa. When I followed the link to the artist's Etsy shop I... Continue Reading →

So Sweet, Sugar Skull Pouch

I look forward to Fridays for many reasons, one of which is Free Pattern Friday at Choly Knight’s blog. This project used two of her free patterns: Eevee Evolution Zipper Pouch & Sugar Skull Kitty Plush. Please follow the links to download patterns & leave some love. This pouch was a birthday gift for my mom.... Continue Reading →

Baby It’s Cold Outside

This dragon scarf is a free pattern available at Choly Knight's website. If you're interested in plush toy sewing patterns, consider subscribing to her newsletter for the occasional free pattern, plus alerts whenever new items are added to her Etsy shop. Since the recipient adores Haku, I wanted all the colors to be as close as possible... Continue Reading →

Touchdown! Pillow Quilt Blanket

My mom’s husband is a devout fan of the (American) football team Pittsburgh Steelers. Themed memorabilia is always a safe gift for him, but since my mom is generally not a sports fan, I try to keep his gifts on the smaller side so his collection won't overflow the TV room. I found a pillow... Continue Reading →

Blog at

Up ↑